Home' Moorabool Matters : Moorabool Matters August 2012 Contents MOORABOOL MATTERS - COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2012 21
PLANNING: BACCHUS MARSH AND
Council is planning seeking public input on two planning scheme
amendment to introduce controls to implement structure plans
into the Moorabool Planning Scheme.
• The Bacchus Marsh Activity Centre Structure Plan (Planning
Scheme Amendment C51) aims to make the changes required
to the planning scheme to implement the vision and directions
of the Structure Plan.
• The Gordon Structure Plan (Planning Scheme Amendment
C53) which aims to make the changes required to the
planning scheme to implement the vision and directions of
the Structure Plan.
Bacchus Marsh Activity Centre Structure Plan
The Bacchus Marsh Activity Centre Structure Plan was adopted
by Council in 2011. It aimed to
• Retain and enhance the town's ability to meets the residents
• Maintain and enhance the country town character;
• Make more use of the town's assets such as the River, the
Avenue of Honour and the architectural and heritage assets;
• Enhance connectivity; and
• Address wider issues of sustainability.
Amendment C51 aims to embody these directions in the planning
• Additions to the Municipal Strategic Statement and Local
Planning Policies to incorporate the Structure Plan and its
• Application of a Design and Development Overlay to
nominated precincts in order to guide new development and
preserve the character of each precinct
• Rezoning of land in Taverner Street, Bacchus Marsh from
Farming to Residential 1 to provide additional housing infill
• The application of a Development Plan Overlay to ensure
that the land to be rezoned in Taverner Street is undertaken
in a coordinated manner with appropriate infrastructure
Gordon Structure Plan
Moorabool Shire Council adopted a new Structure Plan for
Gordon Township and surrounds based on an extensive
community consultation. The Gordon Structure Plan 2011 is a
strategic plan providing guidance about the future development
of the township and its surrounds, addressing land use, future
rezoning, urban design, visual amenity, and future infrastructure
Amendment C53 to the Moorabool Planning Scheme has
been prepared to give statutory implementation of the Gordon
Structure Plan 2011. The Moorabool Planning Scheme regulates
land use and development through state and local planning
frameworks of policy directions, zones, and overlays. Amendment
C53 to the Moorabool Planning Scheme proposes to implement
strategic and policy changes to facilitate use and development
proposed in the Gordon Structure Plan 2011.
The land affected by Amendment C53 and the Structure Plan is
bounded by the Western Freeway to the north, the Melbourne-
Ballarat railway line to the south, which is generally, the area
defined by the existing Township and the Rural Living Zones.
The Gordon Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2011.
Amendment C53 will seek to implement the Structure Plan
• rezoning the areas presently zoned Township Zone to
Business 1 Zone and Residential 1 Zone;
• rezoning 1.26 hectares of land addressed as 1, 5 and 7 Russell
Street from Rural Living Zone to Residential 1 Zone to
remove the existence of two zones from these properties;
• applying the Vegetation Protection Overlay Schedule
3; Design and Development Overlay 5, the Design and
Development Overlay 6; and the Design and Development
Overlay 7 to respective areas in Gordon township and the
• Changing subclause 21.09-1 and Clause 21.11 to update the
new provisions applying to the Gordon Township with the
adoption of the Gordon Structure Plan 2011.
• inserting a new schedule to Clause 32.01 (Residential 1
Zone), a new schedule 3 to Clause 42.02 (Vegetation
Protection Overlay) ; and new Schedules 5, 6, and 7 to
Clause 43.03 (Design and Development Overlay); and,
• Amending Clause 61.03 to add the new 23VPO map to the
list of maps.
Before the Moorabool Planning Scheme can be changed, Council
must follow a formal statutory process that includes public
notification and exhibition of the Amendment to the Planning
Scheme. Amendment C53 will soon be given formal notice
under the Planning and Environment Act, 1987 and submissions
to the amendment will be invited. All affected residents and
owners will be formally notified by Moorabool Shire Council.
Links Archive Moorabool Matters June 2012 Moorabool Matters Dec 2012 Navigation Previous Page Next Page